Saturday, September 5, 2009

"Welcom to K-State!"

Today starts what I hope will be one of my last six days spent at Bramlage. I tried to quit last May, but through some chain of events I have ended up back in my supervisory position for another season. This season I hope not to get walked on as a boss (in some situations, such as this one at times, it can be hard for me to find a balance between "friend" and "boss" and thus lose a lot of respect and authority).

Anyway. Last night I drove with Nick and two other Lincoln/MCC friends down to some small town outside of Emporia to watch one of their friends in his season-openening 8-man football game. All I can say is I felt like I was in a movie. It was so great! [I also realized how much I dislike children who aren't well behaved. We didn't get there until halftime and had to sit in the "kiddie section" if you will.] It was so fun just to get out of Manhattan and remember how great a good old small town Friday night can feel.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." -Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment