Thursday, September 10, 2009

love you, then me.

for a week in which i was challenged to spend loving others first, i spent a pretty large chunk of time loving myself. it is so simple and easy to be selfless. until it gets hard..and then it's not so easy.

"He must become greater; I must become less." Jn 3:30

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Phil 2:3-4

"Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying." Rom 12:9-12

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love." Jn 15:9

No comments:

Post a Comment