Friday, January 29, 2010

I QUIT.

Is workaholism and busyness and overcommitment even worth it?  I mean, I enjoy the spending money, and continue to believe that "later" this will all be worth it and "next year" will be so much better, but what about now?  Will there really ever be a next year or later, or is it, and I fear it may be, that tomorrow is not real, and today is all there is?  [Praise Jesus for the eternal tomorrow we have to hope (patiently) for.]  So what am I doing with my now?  I truly despise going to class three nights a week on top of the day, working all hours in between, and the homework and time that come on top of those things.  I am so tired on the weekend it is all I can do to do more than lay on the couch and watch tv and movies.  I am being pulled in so many different directions I cannot commit my whole heart, time, and attention to any one of them, so all of them suffer.  All of them. 

I need a break.

"Let the morning bring word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I life up my soul.  Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you.  Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." -Ps 143:8-10

4 comments:

  1. I love you Hannah Banana...here is a big ((hug)). You hang in there. I have been where you are...soon you will be married and get to spend the rest of your life with Nick!
    I will make Chocolate chip cookies in honor of you today..LOL!! Don't be sad! Don't get down..It's ok if you feel like life sucks right now..but trust me and mostly trust GOD that it gets better!!! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I am crying now. I am sooooo sad that you are struggling. I know that you will get there. Really, the end is in sight, just open your eyes and look toward the Son. He is the light at the end of your tunnel. In addition to Steph's big hug, here is another one. Look at your calendar and figure out what you HAVE to do and do only that. Leave a little bit of time for fun, but do the school work you have to do. Remember, you're still a Troutt (and you still bleed purple) and we don't quit. Just ST, WP and RWYAAWYA! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are so wonderful and encouraging. Thank you for all the love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is worth it!! Next semester will be so amazingly better because of all the work you are doing now. I had 2 20 hour semesters with work and James too. (which you know he is a very needy guy). Anyways... I promise it is worth it. You will almost be done with school, and everything will be better because you will be MARRIED!!!

    ReplyDelete