Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 6?

I was just thinking about how Sarah is out of town and thus my motivation to train is negative.  She is super encouraging and motivating and my favorite person to train with, and its hard to go without her!  SOooo, I decided to blog in order to document my discouragement, and find the motivation needed to get out of my apartment and to the rec.  Bahh. 

Our first week of training is close to over and I have not skipped a work out yet.  [This could potentially change tomorrow as I am leaving right after church for Western Kansas for the night, but Monday is a "free" day, so I could always make it up there.  But I am going to try to go before church tomorrow morning...fingers crossed.] 

Oh btw, I quite possibly chose the very worst semester ever to train for something, much less work, plan a wedding, have any friends, or do anything outside of school and homework.  I am taking a graduate level English class on top of sixteen other hours of classes and, after only syllabus day, feeling the weight of it all.  Dear Lord, keep me sane and let me end the semester with friends and my family and fiance still loving me.  Thanks, Amen. 

I am speaking at a high school purity conference tomorrow night, just for the girls, on finding your worth and identity in Christ.  If you think about me today or tomorrow say a prayer for me and especially for those girls that God would work on their hearts and teach them. 


"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Eph 2:10

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! You'll do amazing cuz God will be speaking slowly through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you're doing a triathalon! that's so great. AND you spoke at a purity conference!? how'd it go?? you're so awesome and i love you!

    ReplyDelete