Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

As is per my usual, I have 45 things to be doing yet cannot seem to focus in and actually do them. Today I head off to one of my favorite places, camp. This camp, however, is called "Boondocker" and will definitely encompass all the name suggests. We will sleep in tents, prepare most of our own food, be outside under no roofs all day, and get to swim in the lake all afternoon! I am stoked and excited for the fun, challenge, and service I will get to be a part of for the next 3.5 days. God is going to do some great things, I just know it.

Something I have been working through is being patient and aligning my plans and timing with His. I am so eager to do so many things I tend to forget to listen to the quiet whisper of God guiding and correcting me as I go. He is far beyond my wisdom and understanding and I love that I so blessed to be a part of his plan.

All I know is the next year (and so many to come) is going to be such an adventure and I am excited to be embarking on another journey. The year will be different and already is just with the summer. The carefree days are not so carefree with working and class even now, but it is really alright with me. I am out of most leadership positions which is weird, but a real opportunity for me to allow God to use me and teach me in new ways. I am finally down to just three semesters of school, only two of which I actually attend class and have a lot of homework, the last being my student teaching (which I have heard is tough, but at least I will finally be out there, doing what I want to be doing). I have lots of exciting things happening in my life and I can see God's hand in all of it. I really believe he is preparing me to be a part of something great and can only continue to pray that I will listen and be willing to do his will and go when the time comes. I am so lucky to be a part of something greater than myself.

"I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." 1 Cor 9:23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment