Thursday, April 22, 2010

Self-Proclaimed Day Off

As I sit here, preparing to begin a paper I should have started days ago, with the last three weeks of school [including finals] looming above my head, I pause, and take a moment to reflect on this day before me.

Inside my head I am frantically trying to keep my head above the water that is so desperately pulling me under.  People to please and things to check off my list, papers to write and classes to finish. 

Outside my window it is gray and wet; the soft sound of a gentle spring rain echos.  Slow.  Peace.  Quiet.
  
Inside my room it is like a tornado went off in my closet and drawers, my clothes and shoes are strewn about like never before.

But outside, it is clean, fresh, renewed.


"...and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."  And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new " And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." -Rev 21:4-5

"...Therefore I have hope.  The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.  "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."  The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him." -Lam 3: 21-25  

No comments:

Post a Comment