Saturday, June 26, 2010

campcampcampcampcamp!

If you know me at all, you know I love camp.  I spent two summers of my collegiate life travelling and recruiting for Manhattan Christian College at different camps and conferences each week, as well as have been to many since then.  If life was a dream, I would live at camp. 

Tomorrow, I leave for a camp in Western Kansas called Boondocker with my former roommate Katie Schemm.  I am SO excited!  Not only am I beyond pumped to spend five days in the "wilderness" with one of the best people ever, but I am so excited to get away from work (the desk/air conditioning part), hang out with Jr High students, and spend some quality time with my God in the midst of one of his finest creations: nature.  This will be my third time at Boondocker, and I have been so blessed each summer by the awesome kids and youth workers who attend.  There is a passion for Jesus and students that exude and overflow from these people, and it is inspiring and contagious.  I am seriously so blessed to be able to hang out with them for a week! 

Lots of prayers that God will work and break hearts for his glory this week.

Then at the end of the week, my dear, long time friend Alli Woods will become a Wilde, as she marries one of the finest, most caring men on the planet.  They are going to do great things, and I am so glad to have them as a part of my life! 

Excited for life.  Glad to have the means, time, and capacity to be a part of so many things. 


"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." -Eph 6:19-20 

4 comments:

  1. praying colossians 3:15-17 over you and schemmers today as you head to camp. you're gonna do great!

    and get your walkin shoes on for this weekend! we'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you got the Cheez-its, sunscreen and swimmers ear stuff. Have a wonderful time at camp (wonder where you got your love for it?). Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok A) Schneid, some of my very favorite verses. thank you for the prayers, friend! and B) mom, mom, mom...of course i got all but the ear stuff, i am so forgetful! luckily i didnt put my head under in the lake! and katie and i shared the cheez-its with all our new friends like good little campers. thanks for teaching me to love camp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still miss you at CYOKAMO!!!

    ReplyDelete